.. and just like that I've hit a landmark of 30 years!


 

24th August 1991. The day a lot changed for me and my family. 

From being just another 8-year-old on an annual holiday to visit family in India, I turned into 'an inspiration' - I became an amputee who could probably not fathom what really happened. But 30 years later I must say that the accident and the amputation was what shaped the rest of my life in the best way possible. Because today regardless of what life throws at me, I have the strength of character, the will and the never-say-die attitude to see my through it.

When I was thrown the biggest challenge, by far, in my life last year. It is only my faith and my attitude that helped me survive it. As always, I had to stay strong because that is all I knew to be. With all the love and support and prayers we received, my husband did survive and recover. We are on the path to a complete recovery and faith and strength is what will see us through.

This post is not a grim reminder of what 'happened to me' and how I managed life. It is, on the other hand, a reminder of how life's toughest situations can make you the best version of yourself. Even on days that I am in pain while using my prosthesis or while I feel I fall short of doing what I could without a disability, I try to tell myself that this too shall pass.

I wanted to write a longer post but that will have to wait. This time all I had is 15 minutes.. so this post is short and sweet. But I needed to write this post today.. because I will always celebrate the day that led to making me what I am.. that makes me grateful of how I turned out... that reminds me that life is so fragile and teaches me never to take anyone or anything for granted... 

30 years of the most un-ordinary ordinary life. A life full of gratitude, faith and hope!

Comments

  1. 30 years of inspiring people around you….❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Attagirl!! Gratitude , faith and hope is Tintz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to say thank you!! You are brave girl..you are inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to note that you sound ever more powerful and resilient! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brave and strong girl. God bless you. Love you so much tintuma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. U r a strength... being normal is so boring 😴

    The strongest people are who win the battles we know nothing abt....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

25 years as an amputee: Happy Silver Ampuversary!

When I feel proud of myself... Part I